Tuesday 13 September 2011

DAY SIX - STILL PENZANCE!


After another day of sitting out the weather, we are now very much looking forward to getting back on the boats bright and early tomorrow and making our passage around Land's End and on towards Milford Haven.  Anthony and I have enjoyed exploring more of the North Cornish coast today, and felt our decision to sit tight these last two days has been justified as we looked at the seas off Land's End yesterday and today off St Agnes.  It is still rough and very windy, but the reliable weather website magicseaweed.com, is forecasting that the wind will drop out late tonight and we can expect a few days of Force 3-4.  This will be ideal as we have some big legs to do in the next couple of days.  I am looking forward to getting on our way again, although I definitely felt a few butterflies when I looked out at the sea today.   This part of the Cornish coast reminds me very much of the southern-most coast of Western Australia where I was born - rugged, wild and unforgiving, and demanding a great deal of respect.  However, I am also excited at the prospect of exploring new territory once we have rounded Land's End. For all of us, this will be pastures new, and I am sure we will find some beautiful and fascinating places along the way.



A glimpse of the sea state from the Beacon above St Agnes

No comments:

Post a Comment